Toronto (BLMTO) activists are currently protesting outside Toronto Police Headquarters (40 College Street) for the following important demands:
- The immediate release of the name(s) of the officer(s) who killed Andrew Loku and Jermaine Carby.
- A review of the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) with adequate consultation from families victimized by police violence.
- Reversal of all city-mandated changes imposed on Afrofest including its restoration to a 2-day festival.
This is about the safety of black folks in our streets and public spaces. CUPE Ontario extends its solidarity to Black Lives Matter –Toronto and we are calling on you to provide urgent support in the form of the following:
- Showing up to add numbers
- Financial donation
Send an e-transfer to BLM.TO.Solidarity@gmail.com
- Portable heaters, electrical blankets (electrical outlets are available)
- Sleeping bags and blankets, pillows
- Tarp, umbrellas, other rain gear